Yesterday I said on my FB page “eggnog = no thanks!” and most people agreed with me, both on Twitter and FB. Two of them told me to try coconut nog which im guessing is a version of puerto rican coquito, but I just don’t like the thick pudding-like texture and the flavor of eggnog. I hate drinking my calories, unless its wine or champagne 😉
This bundt cake was a hit with my family and customers last year, I knew I had to add this to my holiday menu. The recipe comes from the Kiss My Bundt Bakery Cookbook, I came up with the rum glaze by mixing powdered sugar, homemade vanilla extract and dominican rum.
Eggnog Bundt Cake
Adapted from Kiss My Bundt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons rum
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a bundt pan, I always grease and dust with flour.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and spices together. In another bowl, mix eggnog, rum and vanilla.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Beggining and ending with the flour, add 1/3 flour into wet mixture, alternating with eggnog mixture.
- Pour into bundt pan and bake until done [use toothpick method].
- Vanilla rum glaze: mix 1 cup powdered sugar, add 3 tablespoons of dark rum and a teaspoon of vanilla.
Quick poll: eggnog or no thanks?
Thanks for reading!